Monday, June 6, 2011

Great News!

  So this actually isn't directly related to my time in Jordan but I am very excited about the news. This weekend I got the following email:

Good afternoon,
This is just a quick and very informal note to let you know your hard work has paid off - you have been awarded a Study Abroad Grant from Phi Kappa Phi, congratulations!
Please notify us as soon as possible of your acceptance of the offer of this grant (an acceptance form is attached for your use).  Please return by June 16.
If you did not send an official letter of acceptance into your study abroad program with your application, you will need to send that letter to Headquarters as soon as possible - checks will not be distributed without an official acceptance letter on file.
Stay tuned for more emails/requests/forms/directions – you name it – to complete this process…but until then – yeah you!


Maria C. Davis
National Marketing Development Manager
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
Phone // 800.804.9880 x35
Fax      // 225.388.4900

 This means that I have received a thousand dollar grant from a National Honor Society for my time here in Jordan and comes at a great time as I try to crunch numbers and figure out how I am going to afford this trip.  In not too long I will be featured on the following site http://www.phikappaphi.org/Web/Awards/Study_Abroad.html which I think is dang cool.  Anyway, this was simply amazing news that I just received and I am very happy so I thought I would share.  I'm also really  surprised that I got the award, there were over 440 applicants from around the country and only 25 grants!  Yay for good letters of recommendation and help on my essays.



1 comment: